If you have a question or concern about Climate Land Leaders’ personal data policies or practices, please contact Climate Land Leaders at the following address:
Climate Land Leaders
Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
Climate Land Leaders is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. If we collect any private information that personally identifies you, we will not sell this to any third party. We may however share your personal information with third parties:
- Based on your express consent;
- That are necessary to provide the Service to you (i.e. to process credit card information through our contracted vendor);
- In connection with a merger with, or a sale of all or substantially all of our assets to, a third party;
- For legal compliance and security in order to protect and defend the rights or property of Climate Land Leaders, or those of users of the Services;
- in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order;
- to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law; or
- as otherwise required by law.
Our Commitment to the Security of Your Information
Climate Land Leaders may collect the following categories of information from or about you:
- Information that you provide directly to Climate Land Leaders through the Services (or through Climate Land Leaders’ third party service providers), including by signing up for mailing lists, making online donations or otherwise. This may include personally identifying information, such as [your name, email, address, phone number, birthdate, and payment information, and other information necessary to process your order]. Your disclosure of this information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may be unable to access the service in question.
- Information about your use of the Services. When you use the Services, Climate Land Leaders automatically collects certain information about you through your IP address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL. We use this information to help us make the Services more responsive to your needs.
- Climate Land Leaders uses “cookies” to improve your experience on our website. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that a website may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences or previous site usage history. Many browsers maintain a default setting to allow cookies. You have the ability to modify this setting so as to decline cookies. The “Help” tab on your toolbar may guide you to the settings for your browser that will allow you to change your browser settings with regard to cookies. If you decline cookies, your use of our Services may be impaired.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
These cookies also allow Climate Land Leaders to collect information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened, forwarded or shared.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Social Media Cookies
Climate Land Leaders uses social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Data Processing Purposes
Based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time, Climate Land Leaders processes your data to provide you with the information and updates you have requested from us via email, including program updates, news, events, publications and opportunities to be involved with our campaigns or other efforts.
Based on Climate Land Leaders’ legitimate interest of understanding and meeting the needs, concerns and interests of our donors in order to operate optimally as a nonprofit serving the greater good through the food and agricultural innovations, Climate Land Leaders processes data consisting of: sending fundraising materials and event invitations to individuals via mail based on our previous relationship; conducting research and analysis and reviewing publicly available information about our supporters to aid in fundraising efforts; and utilizing the above- described cookies, email tracking and website tracking, to improve user experience on our website.
Cookies by Third Parties
You may choose to make an online donation via Climate Land Leaders’ website by using a payment card. Typically, payment card information is provided directly by users, via the Climate Land Leaders website, into the PCI/DSS-compliant payment processing service iATS with which Climate Land Leaders has contracted, and Climate Land Leaders does not, itself, process or store the card information. When Climate Land Leaders receives payment card information from donors by methods other than our website, it is entered by Climate Land Leaders’ employees into the PCI/DSS-compliant payment processing service as instructed by the donor, and the information is then deleted or destroyed. We strongly discourage donors from submitting this information via email.
Data Subject Rights
As data subject, you have a number of rights you may exercise regarding the processing of your personal data by Climate Land Leaders. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on where you live, you may have the right to request access, correction or erasure of your personal information held by Climate Land Leaders. You also may have the right to object or request the restriction of processing of your personal information. You may also be entitled to receive your personal data in a structured and standard format.
Finally, you may also lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal information.
Climate Land Leaders may request information from you in order to confirm your identity before enabling you to exercise the above rights. In addition, applicable laws or regulations may prevent us from providing or deleting some or all of the personal information we hold. We will respond to your request in a timely manner and in any event in less than 30 days.
We request that you not disclose or submit any sensitive personal information (e.g., government identification numbers, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or personal beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services or via any other means to Climate Land Leaders.
You may remove your email address from the applicable mailing list at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from Climate Land Leaders. You may opt-out of receiving communications from our partners and/or from us by sending an email to us at email@example.com with your complete name, address and email address. Although Climate Land Leaders will promptly remove your email address from its mailing list, you may still receive any emails that are initiated before your email address is removed from the list.
Children’s Privacy Statement
Children under the age of 16 (or the equivalent minimum age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use the Services and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 16 as part of the Services, we will delete such information from our records. Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16 as part of the Services, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
Last Revised: August 12, 2022